CyberSense episode 5: Foreign Introductions
CyberSense episode 5 'Foreign Introductions' script
- FADE IN: Office interior - daytime. SHAUN enters, wheeling his luggage. He looks weary and crumpled. His colleague MARK spots him.
- MARK - Hey, boss. Any luck with the laptop?
- SHAUN - No.
- MARK - Never mind. Hey, did you bring me anything?
- SHAUN - What?
- MARK - You know, any goodies from the conference?
- SHAUN throws a branded soft toy football at Mark, who fumbles the catch. MARK looks at it unimpressed.
- MARK - That’s it?
- SHAUN rummages around in his pocket and finds the USB key. He drops it on Mark’s desk. Shaun trundles off. Mark picks the USB key up with glee.
- MARK - Cool!
- MARK plugs the USB key into his computer and sits forward anxiously waiting for something to happen.
- GRAPHICS: An auto-run slide show starts of various, somewhat boring, IT products. Mark groans and slouches back in his chair, throwing the ball. We hear a crash and someone offscreen yelling. Mark winces. Close-up shot of USB still in Mark’s computer.
- CUT TO: Inside hackers' bunker - daytime.
- GRAPHICS: Inbox showing new mail received from compromised computer.
- EMILY - Incoming!
- ANUSHKA joins her - What have you got?
- GRAPHICS: EMILY accessing Mark’s computer.
- EMILY (voice-over) - Looks like someone's taken the bait and used one of our USB thumb drives. Thanks to the Trojan on it, we've got quite a few interesting documents by the looks of it.
- REWIND TO: SHAUN drops the USB key onto Mark’s desk. Mark picks it up with glee.
- MARK - Cool! (He goes to put it in his computer.)
- SHAUN - You’d better get IT to check it out first.
- SHAUN walks off and Mark picks up the phone. FADE OUT