Strategies : ISM : EPL : Cloud : IRAP
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) through the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) provides cyber security advice and assistance to Australian Governments, businesses and individuals. Our information security function is outlined in the Intelligence Services Act 2001 that establishes ASD as the Commonwealth authority on the security of information.
Effective information security and ICT security
ACSC is responsible for policy guidance, specialised information security training and professional forums supporting government information security. Specifically, ACSC produces complementary strategies, standards, programs and advice:
- Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Security Incidents, including the Essential Eight
- Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) details the principles and controls
- Evaluated Products List (EPL) lists ICT security products certified by the ACSC-managed Australasian Information Security Evaluation Program (AISEP) for use in Australian and New Zealand government agencies
- cloud computing security advice and enterprise mobility (BYOD) advice
- Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP)
- Emanation Security Program
- OnSecure online community for Australian government ICT professionals
- extensive information security references.
ACSC advises the Australian Government on high-grade cryptographic equipment and cryptographic modernisation. We make sure Australia is at the forefront of cryptology by keeping abreast of emerging equipment and technologies.